- You can look at all the booty you want, because we won’t see it. #JealousOfWhat
- We won’t take embarrassing pictures of you to use for blackmail.
- We can’t snapchat drunk videos of you.
- We can’t judge if you look terrible in the morning.
- You don’t have to worry about hiding presents, because we can’t see the box anyway.
- We’ll never borrow and lose your car keys.
- If you’re really good at being sneaky, you can try the food on our plate without even asking. **wouldn’t recommend**
- You won’t find us constantly taking stupid selfies in the mirror.
- You can stay awake with the lights on all you want; it won’t bother us. Just know that we won’t be the ones to get up to turn it off.
- We try to base our interests on more important things than vanity.
10 perks of being blind
- You can sleep in class and your teachers/prof’s will never know. I mean, who’s expecting the blind girl to have her eyes focused up front, or even to have them open? I’d like to say I’m kidding, but those prerequisite classes…
- No one will ever ask you to drive on road trips… unless they have a death wish.
- And speaking of driving, you will never get a DUI/DWI.
- If you have a cane, some enemies, and a lot of anger, you have all the ingredients you need to ‘accidentally’ hit people you don’t like.
- You can’t see ugly people. But you also can’t see pretty people. There’s a downside to everything. You can’t judge people based on your opinion of what they look like though, mainly because that’s the one thing you can’t have an opinion on.
- You can make jokes about being blind in front of people who are not until they feel super uncomfortable. That’s my personal favorite.
- Even if you can see light, as I can, you don’t need it. You will save in the electricity department.
- Not using lights means that your neighbors will never be certain if you’re home, so you probably won’t be the door they knock on when they need a cup of sugar.
- If your mobility skills are good, you can have a guide dog that can go everywhere with you. Who wouldn’t want to bring a dog to school?
- You will never get caught staring at weird people, or people you have feelings for, or that weird thing on your teacher’s face. What weird thing? I don’t know because I can’t see it.
WOW! College is the best thing ever. It’s basically a place full of humans who all want to pet me! My human pets me all the time, but it’s just not the same as being pet by a brand new friend. Sometimes my human-I think her name is Gabriella, or maybe it’s Hey Girl,-won’t let friends pet me and it makes me sad. I have to work when my harness is on, and when people start petting me, I sometimes forget to remember that I’m working; I think that makes Hey Girl sad.
I love working. one time, my human didn’t work me for a week because it was very rainy. I don’t like getting wet, and I don’t think Gabriella likes the rain much either. Not working for a few days made me feel pretty bummed though.She works me every day in college. there are a lot of days when I have to work for a long time, and I start to get super tired, and I just want to go home and play.
I like playing too. It’s hard to play in my room because it’s a lot smaller than my old house. I love when my human takes me outside to play with other humans. Sometimes one of my human friends throws my toy and says, “Go get it Freesia.”
I don’t understand this game. Why do they want me to go get the toy? You threw it; go get it yourself. But whatever. I try to help them find it by walking to where it landed, but it is not my job to pick it up. If they want it back so badly, they can get it themselves. They better get it because that’s my toy, and I’m not about to lose it. Once the humans stop throwing my belongings, I like to run around, because running is my favorite game. I like to check on Gabriella every time I finish a lap. I wouldn’t want her to leave without telling me.
I don’t get to play all day like normal dogs. That’s because I am special. Other dogs come up to me when I’m working, but I tell them I’m busy. Well… sometimes they REALLY want to play, and I get a little distracted.
I also get a little distracted by food. I’m pretty sneaky. Sometimes I pick up food and eat it before Hey Girl even gets a chance to say, “Freesia! Drop it!” But she must be pretty sneaky too, because mostly she catches me before I can eat things.
I have to go for now because I’m incredibly tired. Today was extremely hot and I’m trying to enjoy the indoors. I would wag my tail in farewell, but I’m just so exhausted. If you come close enough though, I may lick your hand, in case there’s something good on it.